The 2020 Kentucky high school football season is right around the corner, and Southern Kentucky Preps — powered by Ken Waddell – Realtor, RE/MAX — is gearing up for the start of the campaign by previewing each of the 12 teams in its coverage area.
One team will be previewed each day from Aug. 31-Sept. 11. Yesterday, we took a look at Allen County-Scottsville. Today, we break down Glasgow.
Head Coach: Jeff Garmon (6th season)
KHSAA Class: 3A, District 2
2019 Results: 10-2 overall, 5-1 Class 3A, District 2
Key Departures (2019 stats):
- QB Tanner Abernathy — 146-of-216, 2,299 yards, 25 touchdowns, 4 interceptions; 76 carries, 266 yards, 4 touchdowns
- RB Nick Mitchell — 141 carries, 939 yards, 19 touchdowns; 15 catches, 268 yards, 3 touchdowns
- WR Kynarious Flynt — 46 catches, 624 yards, 4 touchdowns
Key Returners (2019 stats):
- Junior RB Hunter Scott — 46 catches, 748 yards, 14 touchdowns; 24 carries, 208 yards, touchdown
- Junior WR JaMarion Long — 28 catches, 474 yards, 5 touchdowns
- Junior QB/DB John Carter Myers — 26-of-41, 274 yards, 4 touchdowns; 66 tackles, 5 interceptions
2020 Season Schedule:
- Sept. 11: vs. Allen County-Scottsville
- Sept. 18: at Hart County
- Sept. 25: at South Warren
- Oct. 2: vs. Adair County
- Oct. 9: at Greenwood
- Oct. 16: at Taylor County
- Oct. 23: vs. Casey County
- Oct. 30: at Franklin-Simpson
Preview: Glasgow is coming off a 10-win season and has its sights set on putting together another strong season in 2020. Sixth-year head coach Jeff Garmon and the Scotties are a consistently-successful program and they have the pieces they need to be a dominant team yet again. Although Glasgow graduated standout quarterback Tanner Abernathy, running back Nick Mitchell and wide receiver Kynarious Flynt, it returns running back Hunter Scott, wide receiver JaMarion Long and two-way player John Carter Myers — who looks to be the Scotties’ starting QB this season. The Scotties open the season at home against Allen County-Scottsville and have meetings with teams such as South Warren and Franklin-Simpson, which makes for a challenging slate.